Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Trademark Fine Art WAP04078-C1414GG Melissa Averinos Wall Decor, Multicolor
- Jumbo Tarantula Spider; Lifelike Rubber Arachnid Replica by MameJo
- Jvin Fab Luxury Tencel Christmas Bedding Lyocell Sheets 4 Piece Bed Sheet Set Deep Pocket 100% Tencel Natural Organic Silky Soft Bedsheets Pillow Cases Woven Sateen Queen Size Mint
- Final Fantasy 7 FF7 Zack Fair Cosplay Costume Wig
- Goolsky E324 RC Car 1 18 4WD Rock Crawler Off-Road Climbing Car Dual Motors Gift for Boys Kids Toy
- DINJUEN 3-step folding ladder aluminum home small ladder stool multifunctional indoor stairs Utility stool
- Kodacolor Lake Puzzle by Kodacolor
- IS (Infinite Stratos) - Life-size Tapestry [Charles Dunois (Charlotte Dunois)]
- BATZ Peter Leather Mens Slip-On Clogs Mules Black 44 EU (10.5 M US Men)
- 1PC All-Inclusive Elastic Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant Tight Wrap Sofa Couch Towel Case Single Two Three Four-Seater A, Two Seater
- Sanyo eneloop neck warmer size fits both men and women ENW-NW2S-DL
- Medium Activity Murble Set in 4 Popular colors for up to 8 Players.
- Acrylicos Vallejo 3X Rust, Stains & Streaking Model color Set
- MG 1 100 GN-0000 + GNR-010 Raiser (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- Zoomy far Slip Sofa Tight wrap All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant sectional Elastic Full Sofa Cover Towel Single Two Three Four-Seater 2017872, S 90-140cm, Russian Federation
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with