Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Disney Finding Nemo Bruce
- DOLFIN MENS XTRA LIFE LYCRA JAMMER SOLID NAVY SIZE 32
- Spider-Man Distressed Premium Hikari Sofubi Vinyl Figure by Funko
- LsWOW Baby Month Blanket Leopard Print,Pink and Black colord Girlish Pattern Safari Savannah Wildlife Theme, Pink Black White Cozy Hypoallergenic, Easy to Carry Blanket 60 x62
- FDHLTR Car Model Car 1 18 Alfa Romeo Simulation Alloy Die-casting Toy Jewelry Sports Car Collection Jewelry 24.5x10.2x7CM Car model
- Bohemian Floral Elastic Sofa Cover All-Inclusive Corner Slipcovers Geometic Removable Spandex Stretch Predective Couch Cover 9, Double Seater
- HeartShaped Cucumber Shaping Mold Garden Vegetable Growth Forming Mould Tool
- QINYANHome Plush Throw Blanket(90 x90 ) Oversized Travel Throw Cover Blanket Casino Decorations Icons of Playings Cards Symmetrical Geometric Repeating Ornamental.
- Guild Ball Ratchet by Steamforged Games
- TAMTAMTOYS Triangle Circus (paper craft) (japan import)
- Shrek 2 DONKEY Plush Cuddle Pillow 26
- 1st CAMO SHARK BE @ RBRICK 100% BLACK
- Arte New Art frame B2 natural NA-B2-NT
- Tandem Car Trailer with Tire Rack Black 1 18 by GMP 18820 by GMP
- Hasbro Transformers Deluxe Classic Cliffjumper
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with