Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- Sword Art Online II Yuuki Konno Card Game Character Sleeves Collection HG Vol.810 SAO 2 ALfheim Online ALO Zekken Mother's pinkrio Anime Girl High Grade
- Little Buddy Super Mario Bros. 9.5-Inch Princess pinklina Stuffed Plush
- RenteriaDecor Seagulls Flannel Blanket Open Wings Flying Birds Blanket 60 x50
- THE PUZZLEMAN TOYS W1191 Wooden Educational Jig Saw Puzzle Angel
- Portable Sing Along CD USB SD player Anti skip, with 2 Microphones & AC adapter
- Halloween Fun & Game Party Favor Books - Assorted Styles - 72 Pieces
- HobbyKing - TURNIGY Plush 6A .8bec 6g Speed Controller - DIY Maker Booole
- Farmerly Pattern Design Sofa Cover SlipCover Elastic Corner Couch Sectional Covers Sofa Towels Spandex All-Inclusive Slip-Resistant, 1pcs 2, 2 Seater
- Coffee Small SHYPwM High Quality Dog Bed Kennel Soft Warm Sofa Mats Puppy Cat Pets House Nest Pad Pet Beds (color Coffee, Size XXL)
- Lagoon Land of Druids
- Blade (propeller) Laliva XK X520 RC Plane Spare Parts Blade Motor Landing Gear servo Receiver Charger Screw Remote Control Light Bar Motor nut etc. (color CW Motor)
- Generic TATORRC 500 Helicopter Part Tared Metal greenical Tail Mount TL8019
- Furuix birthday decoration paper flower paper pompom honeycomb ball lanterns birthday decorations party decorations wedding decoration pink white rosy 15 points
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with