Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- 1.2M Kid's Adjustable Rectangle Yellow Table & 6 Yellow Chairs Set
- Xmas Reindeer Personalised Christmas New Year Holiday Party Thank You Cards
- Kathe Kruse HeirloomQuality German Waldorf Doll, in Gretchen
- 28cm Latex Balloons Pearl Ivory Package of 100
- GI Joe 25th Anniversary Cobra H.I.S.S. with Cobra Driver - Attack on Cobra Island
- Lawn Fawn Cuts Let's Roll Dies LF658
- Puyo acrylic Sumaho stand Arles
- Eduard Photoetch 1 35 M1a1 (tamiya) (edp35333)
- Warm Family Kids Room Curtains Geisha Cartoon Avatar Suitable for Bedroom Living Room Study, etc.
- Baby Toy Case, Toy Storage Carrying Box. Figures Playset Organizer. Accessories for Kids by LMB
- BOLUOYI 2019 Party Wear Heels for Women Women Ladies Dancing Rumba Waltz Prom Ballroom Latin Ballet Dance Singles shoes
- ArtModel Art311 Model Car Ferrari 250 California 1957 Cameron Diaz Personal Car 1 43 Scale
- Arousal Cairo Wren of HIKARING Star Wars Force (illustration)
- Nat and Jules redtweiler Plush Toy Small
- Ultimate Guard 8Pocket QuadRow ZipFolio, XenoSkin, Purple
- ArtWall Dean Uhlinger Virgin River Spring Unwrapped Canvas Artwork, 28 by 36Inch, Holds 24 by 32Inch Image
- Beddinginn Cotton 3 Pieces Bedding Set Modern Bedroom Duvet Cover Set Grey White color Cross Comforter Cover No Comforter (King 90×104 Inches)
- Lagoon Land of Druids
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with