Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- And Grey Sectional Sofa Slipcover Geometric Patterns Lig Room Seat 1pc Universal Couch Predector 100% Cotton hai cao, 70cmX180cm 1pc
- Friends Mii-chan Rika-chan Food Market
- Disney Finding Nemo Bruce
- DOLFIN MENS XTRA LIFE LYCRA JAMMER SOLID NAVY SIZE 32
- Yu-Gi-Oh - Number 50 Blackship of Corn (YZ02-EN001) - Yu-Gi-Oh ZEXAL Manga Promotional Cards Series 2 - Limited
- Wigs Hairpieces for Adults Brown handpainted handknocked African tweezers (color Brown)
- Elastic Sofa Cover Armrest Slipcovers All-Inclusive L-Shaped Sofa Cover Stretch Furniture Covers copridivano 1 2 3 4 Seater 1PC color 20, 1seater 90-140cm
- Neil Allyn Men's Black Wing Collar 1 4 Pleats Tuxedo Shirt-L-34-35
- Jinguizi Room Bedroom, Darkening Curtains Christmas,Snowman Reindeer Kids,Decor Curtain for Bathroom W55 x L63
- Lais Jigsaw shrimp 2000 pieces
- LEGO Creator 10223 Kingdoms Joust (1575pcs) (japan import)
- Italian Carrara White Marble Switch Plate Cover, Polished (SINGLE ROCKER)
- 13 Styles Boys' Toy Cars Mini Diecast Metal Car 1 64 Toys Car Model Alloy Toy Construction Vehicle Ambulance Truck Collections Style8
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with