Winning Attorneys are Talking
“My firm tried to compile notes on judges for years – with no success. This is just what we need.”
“This site lets me research a judge in a way I never could before.”
Overview of Tentative Rulings
The Los Angeles County Superior Court invented tentative rulings in the 1960s. Originally, they made motion practice more efficient by allowing parties to avoid an appearance upon learning which way a court was leaning, assuming the indicated result was acceptable.
Attorneys could call the court and listen to a looped recording of the next day’s tentative rulings. Now, many departments post tentative rulings via their local court website.
- And Grey Sectional Sofa Slipcover Geometric Patterns Lig Room Seat 1pc Universal Couch Predector 100% Cotton hai cao, 70cmX180cm 1pc
- Friends Mii-chan Rika-chan Food Market
- Disney Finding Nemo Bruce
- DOLFIN MENS XTRA LIFE LYCRA JAMMER SOLID NAVY SIZE 32
- Generic ASP SC 2 Stroke S46A S46AII 46HR 7.5CC Nitro Engine 46 Grade for RC Airplane 46HR with Muffler
- W15Y8 Nordic Style Holy golden Wings Canvas Painting Posters And Print Unique Decor Wall Art Pictures For Living Room Bedroom Studio70X40Cm(No Frame)
- Osawa of Vegetable Bouillon (Economical) 5gX30 Wrapped X3 Pieces
- 2018NEW 2206 Motor 2000KV 2450KV 2700KV Brushless Motor 2206 AOKFLY RC Series CW RC Engine Motors Brushless for FPV Racing Drone 2206 2450KV 4CW
- Gaugemaster GMDCC55 Prodigy Advance 2 Wired Computer Interface
- Lais Jigsaw shrimp 2000 pieces
- LEGO Creator 10223 Kingdoms Joust (1575pcs) (japan import)
- Italian Carrara White Marble Switch Plate Cover, Polished (SINGLE ROCKER)
- 13 Styles Boys' Toy Cars Mini Diecast Metal Car 1 64 Toys Car Model Alloy Toy Construction Vehicle Ambulance Truck Collections Style8
The simplest of tentative rulings indicate nothing more than an intent to grant or deny. Thanks to hard-working judges, tentative rulings have evolved greatly over the past two decades.
Today, many tentative rulings go far beyond a simple ‘grant’ or ‘deny’ and are as thorough and well-written as published decisions from the California Court of Appeal or the California Supreme Court.
In fact, because the higher courts often focus on narrowly-framed issues, tentative rulings from trial court judges often provide a broader analysis.
Why Research Tentative Rulings?
Researching tentative rulings can:
- help you prepare a more thorough report to your client or carrier
- illustrate how a particular judge has handled specific issues in the past
- reveal which cases your judge finds most persuasive on a given topic
- address issues for which there is little or no appellate authority
- provide a quick overview of issues you’re not familiar with